Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet boy! I’m so blessed to be your mommy. Your daddy and I watch you and can’t help but to smile; neither of us were prepared for just how much joy you would bring us. You’re growing up so fast, a little too fast for me, and I find myself with that now familiar lump in my throat thinking about another year gone by. Your personality has blossomed over the last year and here are a few words I would use to describe you:
- Spunky – you know what you like and how to get it. You use your cuteness for good and evil.
- Smart (so Smart)
- Tender Hearted
You’re learning how to express your emotions and no matter if you’re feeling happy or sad, the way you tell me always seems to touch my heart. For instance, you were struggling (still struggling a bit) with separation anxiety and after a few very rough days, on the car ride to daycare, out of no where you sweetly said “my happy now.” After having to literally pry you out of my arms to leave you at day care, those words brought tears to my eyes because no mommy wants to think they’re the cause of their children’s sadness.
Here’ are a few cool things about you. You march to the beat of your own drum (as the saying goes). A bike ride typically has many stops to exploring so can get a closer look at bugs, flowers or birds. You’ll randomly stop in the middle of a walk to play the air guitar (complete with a foot tap) or to pick up two sticks to serve as musical instruments.
You are also very stubborn and for that I’m sorry. You got a double dose of that from your parents but if used for good, it can actually get you far in life. I think it is our stubbornness that has helped your dad and I survive life and it is our stubbornness that drives us to work until we get what we want.
Things you say that make us swoon, or laugh or simply smile:
- “It’s my favorite” because everything is.
- “I Love You!” You say this so sweetly and with such genuine love that it makes our hearts explode every time.
- “My Happy Now.” You use this after a rough day or sometimes just after suffering a skint knee to let us know you’re OK.
- “That’s enough!” for when you need to get onto us for not behaving very well. 😉
- “Let’s rock a bit.” You use this when you don’t want to go to bed or leave for day care and it gets me every time and I”ll give it just a few more minutes so we can sit and snuggle.
- “8,9,10! 8,9,10!” You’re response every time we ask you how many there are of anything.
Your favorite things include:
- blowing bubbles
- sidewalk chalk
- exploring nature (bugs and birds especially)
- Your wagon
- Your tricycle or “motorcycle” as you call it
- Daddy’s boat and lures
As a matter of fact, to celebrate your birthday, your Poppi and Gigi drove 750 miles to go with us to the zoo. Along with me, your dad, Poppi and Gigi, we also had Uncle Jason, “B,” Joey, Sumi, Chloe and Jasmine. Your favorite animals were the giraffe, gorillas, and lions. You were whispering to Chloe about the lions waking up. Aside from the animals, I think your very favorite part of the entire day was the Tram ride back to the entrance. It was a train to you and you kept saying “All Da Board!”
I’m not sure if you’ll remember your Birthday and celebrating with family, but if nothing else I just hope you’ll remember feeling loved. Happy Birthday Little One.